Sunday, 24 March 2013

Salts Mill, Saltaire


I'm finally in possession of my lovely DSLR again so I thought I'd take the chance to snap a few photos of one of my all time favourite places on earth, Salt Mill. Salts Mill is a converted grade II listed mill (no way) housing art galleries (mainly featuring my all time favourite, David Hockey) lovely shops (including an arts materials shop & an out-of-this-world-good book shop) & delicious eateries. It could honestly only be better if they sold cupcakes & had resident cats to pet (although I'm pretty sure any place could be improved by those two things)

My favourite part to poke around is the 1853 Gallery (the name coming from the date in which the mill was built) It has some incredible pieces by David Hockey including his photo montages, which honestly got me into loving photography when I was younger. The place is filled with giant vases of lilies & they play the nicest classical music. It's a bit nice.

Honestly though, if you're ever in the area, or even just Yorkshire in general.. Please visit - you won' regret it. The village itself, Saltaire has lots of vintage shops & bakeries that are well worth a look. Oh, and there's always Shipley Glen Tramway & Robert's Park 

To sum up: Yorkshire rules.


| The Salts Diner amazing neon sign (amazing food too)

| L: The 1853 Gallery & R: The Bookshop
| A beautiful corner for children

| I wanted to photo my food seen as it was So. Damn. Good. But yeah, I ate it.
(P.S. it was a Portobello mushroom burger with gouda & handmade red pepper relish & salad with fries, obv. So instead you can  have an arty picture of our drinks


| Beautiful things for sale

| More beautiful things, this time in jam jars (honestly the styling in the place is spot on)

| Obligatory shot of things I wish I'd designed.

| Postcards

| A proper shot of the 1853 Gallery. Lush


P.S. I'm sorry about the MASSIVE photo post, I tried to add a page jump / break thingy but Blogger isn't playing today & I can't get it to work.. Any blogger template whizz kids out there know why.. ?

Steph xo


4 comments:

jen said...

Salts Mill is one of my favourite places in Yorkshire. And I always have that burger when we go there - it's delicious. Lovely pictures. x

Laura said...

I've been to Salts Mill too, it's great and Saltaire is beautiful. Btw love your new-look blog. x

Steph Says Hello said...

@jen Thank you! And yes, the burger is so so tasty! The pizza's there are immense too :) x

@Laura Thank you! Saltaire is great, the houses are beautiful x

Rob Gill said...

Salts mill is the best, I'm lucky enough to live nearby, you never really appreciate whats on your doorsept... until someone blogs about it! I might pay a vist on the weekend now... :)
Great post

Post a Comment